29 Jul How to Prepare for Your Flooring Installation
Before your installation date rolls around, remember that floor installers are professional craftsmen and need to have the area properly prepared before they can install your new flooring. Whether you have your eyes on exotic hardwood flooring or maybe a super-plush carpet, the below checklist aims to help you prepare for flooring install with fantastic results:
- Remove all breakables. This may seem like a no-brainer when it comes to beginning a new flooring project, but it’s worth making sure you have removed any items that can break easily well before the installation date.
- Determine who will remove furniture, appliances, and subfloor if needed. When you are setting up an installation estimate with your hired professionals, it’s very wise to inquire about an all-inclusive project quote.
- Arrange for the disconnection of gas appliances and electronics. If your new flooring is taking place in rooms with gas appliances and larger electronics. make sure that they are either disconnected or arranged to be so.
- Determine if any change to the height of the floor requires adjustments to doors for them to open and close properly. Most engineered options such as vinyl flooring and laminate flooring can be installed either by direct glue-down or by floating, meaning it can be installed over most any other floor covering.
- Remove items in storage areas and closets where the new floor is to be installed.
- Clean all floors properly prior to laying new floors. No matter what type of flooring you are preparing for, you will want to minimize allergens, dust, mold, and mildew on the subfloor beforehand. This will ensure that the new floor is not covering up old problems, and will actually improve the air quality and health of your home.
You have enough things to stress or worry about, so give your flooring installation the greatest odds for success by properly preparing the surface. Let the experts at A-xet Flooring take over in constructing your beautiful floor!